Kahuna is no Ordinary Massage!
Imagine a massage where your practitioner dances and glides around the table, using mainly their arms and forearms to provide deep, effective muscle relaxation that takes you to a truly blissful state.
What makes Kahuna massage so beautiful to receive is the intention, focus and deep caring nature of the practitioner. Rhythmic and heart centred, it can only be explained as a deep state of unconditional love and compassion, designed to encourage a holistic natural healing state of the body, the ‘aloha’ spirit that is sacred to the people of Hawaii. Through the balance of body, mind and spirit you are able to let go of withheld pain in a gentle, loving way.
A therapeutic massage technique, Kahuna Massage is based on the teachings and practices of the ancient Hawaiian Kahunas. In the language of native Hawaiians, ‘huna’ means ‘secret knowledge’ and a master practitioner of any of the huna arts is known as a ‘Kahuna’. Traditionally, massage (‘lomi lomi’) was practiced in the Hawaiian Islands both for relaxation and as one of the Kahuna healing arts.
Benefits of Kahuna Massage:
* stimulates the lymphatic, circulatory, respiratory and digestive systems
* stimulates natural endorphins, reducing stress, depression and tiredness
* creates a sense of deep connection between you and your baby
* gives great relief to pregnancy backache
* is stimulating and uplifting to the soul.